Google has started to roll out the Android 11 update to some of the major phones today. Launching to great anticipation, many consumers have been looking forward to the new update. Many of the android enthusiasts held off purchasing new phones so that they can get the one with the latest Android 11.
It was expected that the new update will first rook out to only Google Pixel phones, it will be available to different phones from different brands. As of today, Google Pixel, OnePlus, Oppo, Realme, and Xiaomi will also get the update to the most coveted new update.
Phones That Will Receive the Update
The final and ready version of the Android 11 will be available to multiple phones by multiple brands today. The update will be ready to download to any of the approved phones. Here are the brands and their phones that will receive the update.
Perhaps the first users to receive this update are going to be Google Pixel users. Consumers with Pixel 2, Pixel 3, Pixel 3A, Pixel 4 and Pixel 4A will be the first ones to download and experience the new android update in the world.
Another brand that will receive the update is OnePlus. OnePlus users living in India, Europe, and North America will get to experience the open beta version of the new Android 11 update. Users of OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro are the lucky ones who get to have the update.
Oppo, Xiaomi, and Realme
Xiaomi, Realme, and Oppo are the last ones to receive this update. Users of Oppo Find X2, X2 Pro, Reno 3, and Reno 3 Pro will get to experience the new update. Realme X50 Pro users are the only users of the brands who will get the update. As for Xiaomi, Mi 10 and Mi 10 smartphone users will be the only ones who get the update.
However, Google has announced that “more partners launching and upgrading devices over the coming months,” so you can expect your new phone to receive the Android 11 update in the upcoming months.
What’s in The New Update?
On the surface, the update looks very similar to the Android 10, however, much has changed in terms of management and functionally for the users. Here is a list of changes brought by Google to the new Android 11 update.
- Notifications are much smoother. In the new update, the notifications are categorized as Alerting, Conversations, and Silent. All of these can be organized and categorized as per your likes and needs.
- Notification History is another important and useful update added. In the new android, you can see notification history on your phone for the last 24 hours so that you can recheck if there is a notification you missed.
- Chat Bubbles are much common but users didn’t know about it. Now it is, much more prominent and highlighted in the update.
- Screen Recorder is now finally a permanent feature in the new update. Now, you don’t need a third-party app to record your screen because the feature is already available in the Quick Settings tile.
- Smart Device Controls are now added to update. Hold down the power button and you will see several options including a shortcut to Google Pay and many other important features.
- Better Security is common in the update. You will have more control over your security and privacy. With the one-time permission will make using apps much smoother and in control.
The update can be downloaded directly from the Google Playstore, something that was not happening before. Before it was roped in together with the Android security patch, but not this time.