Pakistan captain Babar Azam has retained his top spot in the latest ICC ODI rankings, released on Wednesday, October 26, 2023. Azam has been in scintillating form in recent months, and his consistent performances have helped him maintain his position at the top of the rankings.
Azam has a rating of 829 in the latest rankings, which is six points ahead of second-placed Shubman Gill of India. Gill has been in excellent form himself, and he is closing the gap on Azam at the top. However, Azam will be determined to hold on to his top spot for as long as possible.
No 1 Batsman in the ICC
Azam became the world’s No. 1 ODI batsman in April 2021, and he has held on to the top spot ever since. He is the fourth Pakistani batsman to achieve this feat, after Javed Miandad, Zaheer Abbas, and Inzamam-ul-Haq.
Azam’s success in ODI cricket is a testament to his talent and hard work. He is a technically gifted batsman, and he has a wide range of shots in his repertoire. He is also a very consistent performer, and he rarely fails to score runs.
Azam’s success is also a good sign for Pakistan cricket. He is a role model for young players, and his achievements will inspire them to strive for excellence.
Here are some of the reasons why Babar Azam has been so successful in ODI cricket:
- He has a very good technique. He is able to play the ball with great precision and timing.
- He has a wide range of shots. He can play both on the front foot and back foot, and he can hit the ball all around the ground.
- He is very consistent. He scores runs all the time, regardless of the conditions or the opposition.
- He is a very good reader of the game. He knows when to attack and when to defend.
- He is a very good team player. He always looks to put the team first and play for the win.
Azam is still only 28 years old, so he has many more years of cricket ahead of him. If he continues to perform at the same level, he has the potential to become one of the greatest ODI batsmen of all time.