Quaid e Azam University is one of the leading university in Asia. Furthermore, it is amongst the top ranked universities of Pakistan because of its high standard studies. Therefore, every student is desperate about taking admission in this university. Finally, the wait is over for the post graduate students. The university has announced admissions open for MPhil/PhD/MS programme and green sign for the admission seekers. So, go on and apply for your luck. For your ease, we are discussing the procedure of admission.
(a) First of all, each candidate had to apply by making an application in response to an advertisement given by the University on a prescribed form along with documents required.
(b) The admissions to MPhil/MS programme are made on the basis of cumulative merit to be determined by the previous academic record, written test, and interview, following the scheme is given below:
Admission Marks Distribution
- Marks for Written Test = (40 or 50)
- For interview=10(if conducted)
- Previous Academic Record = 50
- Total: 100
“Previous Academic Record” Marks Distribution Class Marks Obtained (%) Marks to be granted for Admission
FSc (Max. 15)
- 45-49 05
- 50-54 07
- 55-59 09
- 60-64 11
- 65-69 13
- ≥70 15
BSc (Max. 17)
- 45-49 07
- 50-54 09
- 55-59 11
- 60-64 13
- 65-69 15
- ≥70 17
MSc Annual System (Max. 18)
- 45-49 08
- 50-54 10
- 55-59 12
- 60-64 14
- 65-69 16
- ≥70 18
MSc Semester System (Max. 18)
- 50-54 04
- 55-59 06
- 60-64 08
- 65-69 10
- 70-74 12
- 75-79 14
- 80-84 16
- ≥85 18
BS (Hons) & all other 4- 5 years Degrees (Max. 35)
- 60-64 18
- 65-69 21
- 70-74 24
- 75-79 27
- 80-84 30
- ≥85 35
- The Admission Data Summary Sheet can be downloaded from the QAU website, along with a Challan of the Habib Bank Ltd. OR Askari Bank Ltd. amounting to Rs.2000/-. Admission Forms are not available at QAU Campus.
- The applicants are advised to deposit the same in the Habib Bank Ltd. OR Askari Bank Ltd. in favour of the Treasurer, Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad (throughout the country with bank charges, non-refundable).
- The Bank Challan should be attached with the downloaded Admission Data Summary Sheet along with other requisite documents; otherwise the application will not be entertained.
- The Downloaded Admission Data Summary Sheet along with all relevant attested documents can be sent by Post/Courier on the following address: –
ASSISTANT REGISTRAR (ADMISSIONS),
(CAMP OFFICE) AT THE BACK OF CENTRAL LIBRARY,
QUAID-I-AZAM UNIVERSITY, ISLAMABAD (45320)
- The Admission Forms sent by Post/Courier must reach in the University on or before 03-01-2017. No Admission Form will be received or entertained after due date in any case.
- The QAU will review the applications and only short-listed candidates will be called-up for interview.
Note: (Fraction <0.40 shall be ignored and >0.50 shall be read as next whole number)
Less than 45% marks in FSc, BSc, MSc Annual System; Less than 50% marks in MSc Semester System and Less than 60% marks in BS (Hons) & all other 4 to 5 years Degrees will be graded as zero marks.