Suzuki has finally revealed the 9th generation Suzuki Alto. The Japanese brand has been hinting at the next generation of the much-loved Suzuki Alto for some time now and it is finally revealed in Japan to the rest of the world. The new look appears to be changed quite a lot.
Although they have not revealed much about its performance specifications and features, but we can get a good guess at what is coming next. The consumers are expecting quite a lot from this new generation, so it is fitting that we get some new features with it.
What We Know So Far?
The brand-new Suzuki Alto will be replacing the 8th generation of the vehicle that has been released since 2014. It is expected that the new generation will be available for sale in first quarter of 2022 in Japan and from there we will get to know when this vehicle will make its way to Pakistan.
While a few pictures and brochures of the Suzuki Alto was leaked a few days ago and the world got to see what the brand-new model will look from the inside and outside. Here is what has been confirmed by Suzuki in this new reveal:
- To begin with, the new Alto is longer and taller than the previous model.
- The new body is boxy-kind of hatchback that is dedicated to the medium price range and young drivers.
- New addition of dual beam projector headlights can be seen at the front.
- The taillights are now in an upright position and on the side of the trunk.
- A chrome bar has been added between the headlights at the front.
- The front grille is small but the window glasses are bigger.
- Brand new 14-inch multi-spoke alloy wheels have been added.
The interior of the Suzuki Alto has been completely redesigned for the brand new 9th generation of the vehicle. Here is what you can expect:
- Brand new dashboard design.
- A new 7 inch touchscreen Infotainment system has been added.
- AC vents are now vertically oriented.
- A semi-digital instrument console has been added.
- Instead of an automatic climate control system, the vehicle will have a manual AC.
- The cabin features a multi-functioning steering wheel with audio controls
The following are the performance specifications that have been confirmed by Suzuki for now. The rest will be announced very soon.
- The Suzuki Alto is slated to be one of the most fuel-efficient cars of 2022.
- The base variant on the Alto will feature a new 660cc inline 3-cylinder naturally aspirated engine.
- It is expected that the higher variants and trim levels will get a mild hybrid engine system.
- No information has been revealed about its transmission and other performance features.
The 9th generation Suzuki Alto will feature at least the following safety features:
- Autonomous Emergency Braking
- Forward Collision Warning
- Lane Departure Warning
- High-beam Assist
It is expected that the Suzuki Alto will come to Pakistan in the coming years. However, don’t expect the new generation in your showrooms before 2025.