All About Pakistan General Election 2018- Details
Pakistan Election Commission announces General and Assembly election 2018. The election for the national and provincial assemblies in Pakistan will be held on July 25 2018. The President of Pakistan Mamnoon Hussain has approved the Election Commission’s proposal to held General Election 2018 on 25th July. A new software has been developed specifically for NADRA and Election Commission of Pakistan to make fair and impartial elections in the country.
The five-year term of the National Assembly Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz government has step down on May 31 2018. After that a caretaker setup will take over. Retired judge Nasir-ul-Mulk has been appointed as interim Pakistani prime minister till the General Elections. According to the clause 224 of Pakistan’s Constitution, election for national and provincial assemblies would be held within 60 days following the day its term expires.
Total no. of Voters for General Election 2018
There are total 105 million people in which 59.2 million are males and 46.7 million are females. They all will cast their vote in the upcoming elections of General and Assembly election 2018 in Pakistan. There are 3.63 million non-Muslim people and they would also cast their votes in these elections.
Main Parties for General Election 2018
- PML-N (Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz) Tiger
- PPP (Pakistan’s People Party) Arrow
- PTI (Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf) Bat
- JUI (Jamaat-ul-Islami) Scale
- PSP (Paak Sarzameen Party) Dolphin
Constituencies Details of General Election 2018
Constituencies categorized in National Assembly are as:
- Punjab 141
- Sindh 61
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa 39
- Baluchistan 16
- Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA) has 12
Constituencies categorized in Provincial Assemblies are as:
- Punjab 297
- Sindh 130
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa 99
- Baluchistan 51
The names of candidates who received their CNICs from 2013 to 2018 have already been added to the voter lists just verify the registration of your vote. If you are already a registered voter, then you just need to show up at a polling station in your constituency with your original CNIC on the day of the election.
You will be eligible if:
- You are the citizen of Pakistan.
- You are at least 18 years of age or more than 18.
- You have a valid National Identity Card that is issued by the National Database and Registration Authority.
Display Centers Details
The ECP established 14487 display centers all over the country. The purpose of these centers is to register and correct the details of voters from lists.
- In Punjab 7928 centers
- In Sindh 2585 centers
- In KP 2545 centers
- In Baluchistan 1429 Centers
- Registration Process Details
According to the ECP Pakistani citizens can check their voter registration in two ways.
Through SMS Service:
- ECP collaborated with NADRA and introduced an SMS service for eligible voters to check their registration status.
- Send a text message with their CNIC number to 8300.
- Receive an automated response with the name of the electoral area, block code and serial number.
Through District Election Commissioner’s office:
You can also visit the respective District Election Commissioner’s office where the final electoral roll is available. Check your address and contact information from this office.
Deadline for Registration
The deadline for the registration of votes in the electoral lists for General Elections was till April 30 Tuesday 2018.