The world was waiting for the first Apple event of the year and hoping for an exciting news and it came in the form of new iPad Pro. Tim Cook dropped a bombshell when he announced the specifications of the new mega tablet that has become a staple in households.
Previously, there were many rumors of a chipset that will very much similar to the powerful M1, faster GPU and enhance CPU performance. Now that the iPad Pro has been officially launched, people are now ready to place their orders and experience the new tablet with their own hands.
Here is what Tim Cook announced at the first Apple event of the year regarding the brand-new iPad Pro.
Highlights of the iPad Pro Announced
As expected, Apple has announced some big changes for this new upgrade to the much-loved iPad Pro. Here are the new features that have been added to the new tablet by Apple.
- The iPad Pro will come with Apple M1 Chipset
- The tablet will have 50% better CPU performance
- It will have 40% faster GPU
- The tablet will come with 16GB RAM
- The iPad Pro will also be available with 2TB of storage
- The tablet will feature a computer-like Thunderbold port that has a peak transfer speed of 40GBPS
- The tablet can hook to external monitors with up to 6K resolution
Specifications of the New Apple Tablet
There have been a lot of specifications rumors surrounding the tablet even months before its launch. Many of the rumors proved to be true in the Apple event. Tim Cook revealed the following specifications:
- The iPad Pro will come with two screen sizes; 11 inches and 12.9 inches
- The tablet will come with 5 storage options that are 128GB, 256GB, 512GB, 1TB and 2GB
- The tablet will have Liquid Retina Display (11 inch screen) or Liquid Retina XDR Display (12.9 inch screen)
- The tablet will have 2388-by-1668-pixel resolution at 264 pixels per inch (11 inch screen) and 2732-by-2048-pixel resolution at 264 pixels per inch (12.9 inch screen)
- ProMotion Technology
- Wide Color Display
- True Tone Display
- Fully Laminated Display
- Antireflective Coating with 1.8% Reflectivity
The new iPad Pro will support 2nd Generation Apple Pencil.
The following iPad Pro specifications have been announced by Apple CEO Tim Cook.
- Apple M1 Chip
- 8 Core CPU
- 8 Core GPU
- 16 Core Neural Engine
- 8GB RAM for models with storage of 128GB, 256GB and 512GB
- 16GB RAM for models with storage of 1TB and 2TB
The new Apple tablet will come with Pro Camera system with both wide and ultra-wide cameras. Here is a breakdown of the camera specifications:
- 12MP wide camera
- 10MP ultra-wide camera
The camera will also feature 2x optical zoom out, 5x digital zoom out and supports panorama mode. The camera will come with a sapphire crystal lens cover, will feature autofocus with Focus Pixels, Smart HDR 3, Burst Mode and more.
As for recording, you can capture videos in 4K, 1080p, 720p and slo-mo. You can also create videos in time-lapse and more
Price and Release Date
The iPad Pro will support 5G, 4G and 3G technology. The following are the pricing for the new Apple Tablet:
Pricing for iPad Pro with 12.9 inch Display
Pricing for iPad Pro with 11 inch Display
An additional $200 will be charged if anyone wants a 5G model. Pre-orders will begin on 30th April.