Once winter is ready to flee and summer is all prepared to welcome with bright sunny days, we can easily caught by seasonal flu. The first priority of everyone is to get flu treated through home remedies. Are you one of them who are eagerly searching for best effective home remedies for flu ? Let us have a look at home remedies which will provide relief in flu. Most of these remedies have been used to treat symptoms for years and may help you feel better while your body fights the virus.
How to get relief from Stuffy nose
- Steam: Let your bathroom or kitchen sink filled with steamy water and sit there for a while. Cover the towel over your head and face then lean over the steam and inhale the steam vapors. To make steam more effective do add things to the water for instance 2 teaspoons of chopped fresh ginger, a teaspoon of menthol ointment, or a few drops of eucalyptus oil.
- Warm shower: Keep the bathroom door close and let the warm water run to make your own personal sauna. The steamy air makes your head and chest feels comfortable specifically ease while it moistens and thins the mucus.
- Increase liquids intake: You should increase intake of drinks to approx 8 cups (64 ounces) of liquid each day, it doesn’t need to be only water.Hot drinks may work better than cold. Avoid coffee, tea with caffeine, or alcohol.
- Moist and heat compress: When your head is throbbing and it is difficult to breathe through your nose, you can get relief by putting a warm, moist compress on your cheeks and sinuses.
- Salt Water: A salty rinse for your nose can thin mucus and moisten dry membranes
How to get relief from Runny nose
Runny nose is the common and annoying problem most of us experience during winter season. Usually, the glands present in nasal passages and sinus produce mucus to keep them moist enough.
- Salt water: It alleviates the irritation that reliefs in runny nose. It helps to clear the nasal passages thins the mucus.
- Steam: It is a versatile remedy that can be used to treat nasal problems. It helps to clear out excess mucus which causes runny nose and sneezing, along with irritation.
- Turmeric: This acts as antidote for many health related conditions. It contains strong antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antiviral properties which help to treat runny nose.
- Ginger: It contains antioxidants, antiviral, antitoxic and antifungal properties. It helps to loosen the thick mucus and provide immediate relief from a runny nose.