All About Fresh Currency Notes for this EID in Pakistan
Now it’s the Holy Month of Ramzan in almost all over the world. People take fasts in this month and after this they wait for the reward by Allah Almighty and the reward is Eid-ul-Fitr for the Muslims. For this big celebration The State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) has announced the New Currency Notes to general people of Pakistan to exchange with old notes. The fresh New Currency Notes will be issued from 1st June to 14th June 2018. A Mobile SMS Service for the Pakistani public is also introduced through which they can get fresh New Currency Notes via SMS by their mobile phones. This service introduced the State Bank of Pakistan in collaboration with Pakistan Banks Association.
SMS Process of getting New Currency Notes
A person who wants fresh New Currency Notes through SMS, he/she would send a message to 8877 along with CNIC Number and Branch Code of selected bank. After this the Transaction Number and Branch Address would be send in respond to the person. The charges of sending an SMS to 8877 are Rs.15 + Tax.
Terms and Conditions
- The Mobile Number and CNIC Number can be used only one time.
- The transaction number and branch address will not be send in case of using the same CNIC and Mobile number more than once.
- If the subscriber don’t get money on the given date by Bank then after that date he/she can’t get fresh currency notes.
- If people have any query or complaint then a help desk is also maintained at (021)-111-008-877 to solve their problems.
- The Original CNIC, Copy of CNIC and Code send by the bank would be present to the subscriber person when he/she comes for receiving fresh New Currency Notes.
- The subscriber persons can get only three packets of Rs.10/- and one packet of Rs.50/- and one packet of Rs.100/-.
- People can get the fresh currency notes from 1535 Commercial Bank Branches and SBP offices in 132 different cities of Pakistan.
Currency Authentication Machines
Multan Aftab Ahmad the Deputy Chief Manager of State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) said that we are also currently working on currency authentication machines in 30 different cities of Pakistan, and this facility would be available in the country from next fiscal year. The purpose of these currency authentication machines is to check security features of genuine currency notes. He also said that the cash officers who accept fake currency notes will paid a heavy fine in double value of that currency notes. So the people should be careful while accepting cash to any bank.
Related Article|JazzCash Launched Online Banking – Now Use JazzCash from Web