All Channels are Allowed to Air Ramzan Game Shows
The senior bench of Islamabad High Court lifted the ban from the Ramzan Game Shows. The decision of playing Azan five times a day and is also banned. Moreover, the airing of aids in iftar time is also allowed now. The senior bench of Islamabad High Court (IHC) sent the notification of 26 Pages to the channels. The division bench rejected the decision of single bench.
The Case Background:
A ban was imposed on all Ramzan Game shows by honorable Judge, Justice Shaukat Aziz Saddique. He bans all the game shows, morning shows and Ramzan Transmission in Ramzan. He also ordered to air the azan on every channel five times a day. Moreover, he also asks to not play ads during the Iftar time. Instead, every channel will show the Islamic quotes and history during this time. But the channels constantly showing all the game shows, morning shows, and ads. The honorable justice issues a notice against such channels and asks them to stop this.
Ramzan Game Shows Decision:
The channel management file a case for showing the game shows. In today’s hearing, the senior bench of judges including Justice Amir Farooq and Justice Mohsin Akhtar Kiyani announce the decision. They reject the notice issued by the justice, Shaukat Aziz. The judges decided that the PEMRA have the regulatory authority of playing shows on TV. Courts don’t have any authority and they can’t do anything about this. It’s the responsibility of the PEMRA to take action against the airing of TV shows.
Main Points of the Decisions:
The decision announced by the senior bench of Islamabad High Court (IHC) contains the following main points.
- Firstly, all game shows, morning shows, and Ramzan transmissions can be aired now.
- Secondly, there is no restriction of airing the Azan five times a day.
- Thirdly, there is no ban on showing the ads in Sehri and iftar time.
- Moreover, no restriction of playing the Islamic quotes, versus and dua during the iftar time.
- Furthermore, PEMRA has the regulatory authority from now. It’s the responsibility of them to act upon the bill according to their own.
- Lastly, the airing of Indian content on the Pakistani channel is also illegal.
Related Article | Beware of the Fake Emails Sent by the Name of ISI