China is arguably the closest and friendliest country to Pakistan but let’s see how easy it is to get a visa to China.
There are four categories of Chinese visas that are Diplomatic, Courtesy, Official and Ordinary visas. Your visa types depend on your purpose. Similarly duration of your stay in China depends on what kind of visa you have. To apply for a Chinese visa you need to;
- Download the application form, it can be downloaded from the china embassy website
- Fill the application form carefully
- Applicant should appear in person to submit the documents and answer all questions asked from the visa officer
- Latest application form must be used, older forms are not valid anymore.
All of your documents should be valid. Following are the documents that you need to submit when applying for Chinese Mainland visa:
- Fully and accurately completed application form and recent photograph attached with it
- Original passport that has a validity of at least 6 months
- Minimum two blank visa pages on the passport
- Photocopies of personal information that is on passport
- And photocopies of previous Chinese visa, if you have any
Visa processing normally takes 4 working days. If you are availing express service, it takes 2-3 days.
Pakistani Diplomatic, Ordinary and Official passport holders are exempted from any visa fees. If you have a U.S ordinary passport then visa fees are as follow:
- Single/Double/Multiple Entries 10,400
- Group Visa 8,000 per capita
You can contact the Chinese embassy in Pakistan at the following email address
Contact details of Consular Office
Consular Office of Chinese Embassy in Pakistan
Tel: +92-51-8355016 (24 Hours Voice Inquiry Service), +92-51-8355015 (Operator answered during 09:00-12:00, 14:30-16:30 on working days), Fax: +92-51-2279600