Labelled as “Land of Opportunity” USA is home to many foreigners. Though it isn’t easy to get a visa to USA especially from countries like Pakistan. Let’s check out what steps you need to follow to get to USA.
- First of all you need to know what kind of visa you need. It depends on your purpose of going, if you are going for a shorter period just to visit you need a visit visa. If you want to work in US temporarily you need a specific visa based on nature of work you want to do. Let’s have a look at the procedure.
- Know your visa type
- Fill the DS-160 form carefully, you cannot make any changes once the form is complete.
- Finally after completing first two steps you need to pay the visa fee
Once you have filled the form and paid the charges you need to log in at the website using the same login details that you used to pay fee and fill the form. There you have to enter following information to schedule your appointment:
- Passport number
- Receipt number from your visa fee receipt
- The ten (10) digit barcode number from your DS-160 confirmation page
Visa fees go as follow:
Tourist/business visa: $160
Temporary/Seasonal Workers and Employment: $190
The Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Islamabad is responsible for providing visa services to anyone applying for a temporary or permanent visit to US. You can contact them here:
- Consular Section Diplomatic Enclave, Ramna 5, U.S. Embassy, Islamabad, Pakistan
- Consulate General of the United States of America Tel: (92 21) 3527-5000 3,4,5 New TPX Area, Mai Kolachi Road Fax: (92 21) 3561-2413