PTA launched DIRBS System Stolen, Fake, and Smuggled Smart Phone
PTA launches the new system named DIRBS system for blocking of stolen and smuggled Smart Phones. The DIRBS is a process meaning Device Identification, Registration, Blocking System. All the smuggled, stolen smartphone is illegal and will be blocked permanently.
Smartphones become popular now a day. Hence, the usage and selling of Illegal smuggled and stolen a mobile phone is increasing day by day. Through these illegal smartphones, the number of illegal incident and terrorism is happening on daily basis. By statistics, iPhones and iPad are smuggled a lot. Many people become the victim of terrorist activity due to these fake and illegal smartphones. There is a need for a system to avoid this.
Hence, Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) announced a system DRIBS to block the fake, stolen and smuggled mobile phone. This system’s initiate is the identification, registration, and blocking of the smartphones. It is stated that many people in Pakistan are using the mobile phone with invalid IMEI numbers. Such users will no longer be able to use the fake IMEI smartphones.
How DRIBS System work:
- First of all, this system will identify the legality of the mobile with the IMEI number.
- The IMEI number is unique to every device and even to regions.
- Secondly, they will find fake device with the collaboration of Mobile identifiers by using IMEI number.
- Then, they will block the smartphone permanently without any notification.
- Lastly, remember that the mobile can’t be used and will not be able to communicate with any other.
- They will block all stolen and smuggled phones that are being used and sold by others.
How you can identify the status of your mobile:
- PTA will introduce soon the Device Verification System (DVS).
- Through this system, the user can identify the status of the mobile phone whether it is stolen or not.
- If you accidentally buy a new mobile that is smuggled and stolen, then it will be blocked.
- You can also check the IMEI number by just dialing *#06#.
- The number is also available in the setting and info section.
- On the back side of the smartphone, the number is also printed.
- Both numbers should be the same to avoid any fraudulent activity.
The smartphones that people are already using will not be blocked. The phones that will be smuggled after the notification (will announce soon) will be blocked.
Related Article | The decision about High Mobile Taxes – Today’s Hearing Update